Become a Transition Salt Spring Member
Making a donation with your membership makes it possible for Transition Salt Spring (TSS) to operate our projects, initiatives and events encouraging environmentally sustainable practices and methods, including: organic food production, renewable energy, green building technologies, alternative transportation, water conservation, waste-avoidance, and green business practices.
As a member we encourage you to participate in our many social events including monthly Green Drinks, film nights, potlucks and the Eco-Home Tour.
- The Car Stops project
- Community Energy Group
- Join the Board of Directors
- Bring Your Branches yard-waste processing centre
- Community Alliances and Partnerships – outreach, liaison
- Host and organise Community Potlucks and Gatherings
- Crew Captains for Work-crews (habitat restoration, etc.)
- The Eco-living and Home Tour every second year (next: 2019)
- Education Committee (topics, presenters, logistics, publicity, etc.)
- The Electric Vehicle (EV) group
- Event volunteers (registration, publicity, member sign-up, etc.)
- Food-related groups including Community Gardens, Ask a Mentor Gardener, and others.
- Green Drinks monthly networking and education (hosts, programs, publicity, greeters, etc.)
- Grant Writers for TSS
- Membership recruitment
- Publicity (flyers, press releases, social media, outreach)
- Technologies and Re-Skilling projects
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Website management
- Level 2 Electric Vehicle Charging Station at ArtSpring
- Rainbow Road Park Allotment Gardens
- Community Energy Group Solar Scholarship project
- Interest groups to join and create on our social networking site
- Directory of Salt Spring organizations assisting Transition objectives
Thank you so much for your ongoing support. Your donations make it possible for the board to administer several sustainable initiatives on Salt Spring Island such as the Electric Vehicle Group, Community Energy Group, Rainbow Road Park Allotment Garden, Car Stops, Transition Salt Spring Enterprise Coop, Education Committee, Climate Action Group, monthly newsletter on sustainable events happening on Salt Spring, and the Eco-Home Tour. TSS participated in the development and implementation of the Salt Spring Island Community Energy Strategy and created the SSI Energy and Emissions Baseline Data report.
OR send a cheque with memo ‘donation’ to:
Transition Salt Spring Society
PO Box 673, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2W3
or drop off at the Salt Spring Book Store in Ganges